Measure Software Features
How It Works
Measure provides all the tools you need to quickly create a precise flooring estimate in five steps:
1. Draw the Layout
Draw the floor plan or surface using the computer mouse and powerful drawing tools. Or import drawings from graphics files (pdf, bmp, tiff, Dodge files, CAD, etc.). You can also prepare a take-off from construction prints using a digitizer tablet.
- Draw with mouse or keypad entry
- Draw using predefined shapes or create your own.
- Draw holes, arcs, and curves.
- Import graphics files and trace with mouse.
- Project Explorer shows key details.
- Interview Wizard for step-by-step basic estimating.
2. Define & Assign Materials
Create or import product information, including description, color, size, and price. Assign materials to each part of the floor plan or surface. Standard materials lists can be shared between projects.
- Define project materials or import from RFMS system.
- Handles carpet, roll goods, carpet tiles, ceramic tile, laminate, and wood.
- Import materials from previous projects.
- Any project can become a template.
- Add-on materials.
3. Add Project Details
Add transitions (doors), stairs, borders, and walls. Define add-on materials (carpet pad, adhesive) and labor so that no costs are overlooked. Create custom tile patterns.
4. Calculate the Estimate
Measure calculates material quantity and cost. Seams are automatically created and cuts are placed on carpet roll for maximum efficiency, where you can quickly adjust the results.
- Add, move, delete seams as needed.
- Change lay direction.
- Set seam start location.
- Flip seams in room.
- Set pattern start and align patterns between rooms.
- Move cuts on roll.
- Two tile calculation methods—tile count or net area.
5. View Results & Print Reports
Display the Worksheet to see costs by material or room. Print seam layout and cut diagrams for installers. Display in 3D, pan, zoom, and rotate.
- Seam diagram
- Cut layout
- 3D display
- Scene Editor
Don’t Leave Empty Handed
Contact us today to speak to one of our Client Success Managers and learn how Measure by RFMS will benefit your business.